CHURCH OF NORTH INDIA SOCIAL SERVICE INSTITUTE
Our objective is to empower the downtrodden women and men in the Urban and Rural sectors inculcating wholistic Development among them through their Rights, health Socio-Economic and political development approaches.
1. Women Empowerment : We empower women through the formation of Self-help groups (SHG's). Providing the opportunities to each member for an overall development. Saving (micro-finance) is the main activity of the group besides engaging them in Socio-economic and political issues.
2. Movement for Domestic Maids : Along with local SHG's we stand in solidarity with women for just pay and treatment of maids in Nagpur city.
3. Self Defence for Girls : We are Providing learning opportunities for girls to think, be aware of self and social realities through seminar on self defence techniques.
4. Mahila Federation : "UNNATI' -500 women from various SHG's are active members. The federation promotes gender sensitivity, women's constitutional rights, and economic empowerment.
This is a unique program for the farmers belonging to weaker sections. ERADC is a model of ecological sensitive agriculture that promotes indigenous ways of farming and appropriate technology including pack house for the Farmers that acts as cold storage for vegetables and fruits.
1. Farmer Development : We are actively partnering with local farmers and assisting them in New Form of Technology and Entrepreneurship Development.
2. Peoples Organization : We are actively partnering with local villages and help them through various village initiatives such as vocational training, Health and infor mation center and rights based approach.